The Society for Reproductive Anachronisms (SRA) was formed in 1992 to
combat the rationalization and instrumentalization of the reproductive
process that is occurring in order to totally manage its service to the
pancapitalist order. Capitals objectives in regard to reproduction
have made themselves clear:
- To radically intervene in the reproductive process in order to produce
organic platforms that better suit the alienating demands of its industry
and its technocracy;
- to separate sexuality from the reproductive process, and banish nonrational
drives and pleasures to the realm of criminality;
- to create a market in which medical intervention in the reproductive
process of individuals is a desired commodity; and
- to initiate a eugenic program in which the body is recoded through
the filter of ideological values that are represented to the public
as value-free scientific findings that constitute the nature of human
In opposition to these objectives, the SRA declares:
- That it will resist all eugenic initiatives, whether they are represented
by the retrograde rhetorics of race and reason, or in the new rhetorics
of economic necessity.
- That it will maintain the connection between sexuality and reproduction,
and fight to sustain the human right to sexual pleasure in all arenas
- That it will retard and disrupt the commodification of the flesh.
- That it will expose the hidden authoritarian politics of reproductive
- That it will create avenues for the voices of all public spheres to
enter the discussion of the development and deployment of new reproductive
technology. The SRA will defend and value the voice of the amateur and
- That it will increase awareness of the interconnection of sexuality
and social responsibility.
- That it will provide ways and means to improve fertility and fecundity.
- That it will push the parameters of scientific prejudice by celebrating
anomalies and the inexplicable.
- That it will vanquish the market mythology of hard-core genetic determinism.
- That it will disturb the waters of capitals gene pool.